Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's a Jungle out there

The condo we live in backs up to a hill and the stairs to get to the front door wind around the back of the building.  The other day we were walking up the stairs and zane said, "I want to go for a walk in the jungle!"  I asked what jungle and he responded, "the one right there!"  Oh...my kid has never seen woods....he thinks its a jungle.  Funny, but sad.  So I told him that it wasn't a jungle that it's woods.  The next day we were driving somewhere and zane excitedly said, "I want to go on a walk through that jungle and find all the monkeys."  Kendall and I laughed and told him there weren't any monkeys in Portland to which zane asked what kind of animals lived in there.  I told him probably some bears and maybe some wolves.  The disappointment was evident, "why do only scary animals live in  there mama?"  Seriously, what do you say to that?  The quick and easy answer, "that's where Jesus wanted them to live", which is always followed by the infamous why?, or the long drawn out explanation of the climate and why certain animals live in certain places, which is again, always followed by why?  

I'll post some pics soon.  I need to take some first, I'm not really sure where the camera is, although I do know it needs batteries.  I'll try to get more on top of things.

3 comments:

bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com said...

love it... kid's imaginations are so fun! --bettijo

Jared Winter said...

Hilarious post! I like how you decided to go with the creationist explanation rather than opting for climates and natural selection. It's more economical to explain it that way.

Allred's said...

Hey Lisa,
We've never met, but my husband David is Kendall's 1st cuz. We are always excited to find family and friends. It's a wonderful way to stay up to date with one another's lives. Your little Zane is adorable and I'm sure, he's also your best little buddy. Please tell Kendall we sayed hi. I will add your family blog to our list of fam. and friends. LOL